Wednesday, 7 December 2011

A River Runs Through IT.

Before Nirvana, before Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains...there was Green River.
I don't think I know of anyone that shares love for this little known band, well not anyone I know personally.

Green River contained musicians that would later go on to form a list of pretty influential bands.
Pearl Jam
Mudhoney                                                                                
Malfunkshun
Mother Love Bone
Love Battery.
The list goes on and on Nirvana to the most underground.
Green River seems to have ties to a vast majority of music that came and continues to come out of the Pacific North west.

In summary, its like doing slappy grinds in front of  7-11 at 2 a.m. circa 1990, while talking to Jimi Hendrix..then getting punched in the head by Henry Rollins.

Soundgarden covered this song on there 1988 e.p. Fopp...I think. I have it somewhere.
Yes there was Soundgarden before Spoon man...even before Rusty Cage.

" Swallow My Pride"


.

No comments: