Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Wax On Wednesday

Welcome to the first installment of Wax On Wednesday.
I can't promise you consistency but, I'll try.

You see, I have a large collection of music. Its on my computer, its on tape, cd, and most importantly to me...vinyl. Lp, record, wax...I love to spin the black circle.

My vinyl collection is a mix of now, then, obscure, and I bought it because the cover looked cool.
There is nothing like the warmness a record in good shape can produce. Digital is great and all but, my ears hear in analog not digital.

So here we go. Nirvana's Insecticide.

 I plan on uploading direct video and audio in the future. This will have to do for today.

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is one area you will always best me on, love....and that is vinyl. I have some (more than most) but not anywhere near a lot compared to a real lover of vinyl.

The last one I got? My sister found me a Flying Burrito Brothers vinyl at a rummage sale and bought it for a quarter me thinks.

I came into my marriage with a boxfull of great old LPs of my fathers that range from Otis Redding to the Stones to Blondie. He then gave me all of his precious 45s and those? I must have 200 of! (They are mostly beach music and old Chubby Checker 45s). The hubs? Well, he came to the marriage with an armful of LPs by such great banks as Ratt and Poison (FUCK I need a sarcasm font).

So needless to say, I should have had him sign a vinyl pre-nup.